By learning and implementing this technique you’ll be able to de-stress and unwind quickly. Eventually what you’ll notice is that this technique will help you feel more calm, happy and focused throughout the day, and you’ll come home from work feeling happier and relaxed already, which makes it easier to unwind once you arrive home.
The Relaxation Scale
The relaxation scale is used to determine how relaxed you are. To be clear, hypnosis is NOT relaxation – it’s a heightened state of awareness, however for this course specifically the purpose is to relax and unwind, so we are using the relaxation scale.
To this point, in my hypnosis office I often have clients focus on relaxation as the point of focus, this helps facilitate the hypnosis process. But it’s entirely possible to be in a state of hypnosis and be very engaged and energized as opposed to relaxed.
The relaxation scale is 1-10, with 10 being completely and totally relaxed, and 1 being highly anxious and stressed.
The 2-Breath Hypnosis Technique
1. Make a note of where you are on the Relaxation scale, 1-10 now.
2. Choose a color that represents peace and tranquility and make note of it.
3. Choose a different color that represents stress, tension, anxiety, and everything you no longer want and make note of it.
4. Close your eyes, and take in a nice deep breath all the way to the tips of your toes. As you do this imagine, that you are inhaling the color of peace and tranquility, and exhaling the color of stress, tension and anxiety.
5. Repeat the breath 2 times in a row. 6. Make note of where you are on the Relaxation Scale again, and notice